background

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Life Story -- School Frustrations -- Grandma Anna



Written Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tell about a frustrating experience you had with a test at school.

“I always had a difficult time with fractions and I went to the teacher’s desk to ask him about one of the fraction questions and he blurted out as loud as he could so that everyone could hear him.  He said “I’ll be so glad if you ever learn how to do fractions.” 
“Everyone in class stopped what they were doing and looked at me.  I just wanted to go out the door and never come back.  But I just went to my seat and sat down and started my reading assignment. 
“A couple of years later I had a brother that knew how to teach fractions and I finally learned how to do them.  Needless to say, he wasn’t teacher (the first one).

No comments:

Post a Comment