background

Sunday, November 3, 2013

LIfe Story -- Life Change -- Grandma Anna

Written Sunday, March 9, 2008.
en
Were there any events, world, local, or personal, that changed your life?

"Yes, many of them.  The most important being when the missionaries came to our home in 1957 and brought the gospel to us.  It was such a good thing and made such a complete change in our lives.  Personal is that I wanted to change my life for the better.  President Hinkley advised the women of the church to keep themselves looking nice and I try to do that, except when I wear my grubbies to do hard work in. 
Also, in 1968 I worked for the assessor's office for 12 years, then I became the assessor for 20 years. Then Bill and I retired at the same time.  We each worked 32 years, mine for the county and his for the city on Public Works.  We both enjoyed our jobs. 
Then we were given a mission calling to Concho, Arizona.  We have been serving there 13 years next month.  Probably the longest mission served in one place.  But if we stay 1 more year it will be 14 years, the same amount of time as Ammon served."

No comments:

Post a Comment