background

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Life Story – Car Trouble – Grandma Anna



Written Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tell about a frustrating experience that you have had with a car.

“I’ve never really had a frustrating experience.  Oh! Yes, I have.  One car we had could just die in the road no matter where we were. 
“In Phoenix it happened and the traffic was very thick.  I had lug wrench (some kind of long metal piece) that you change tires with. And if you would lift the hood and put the rod in a certain place, it would start the car. 
“A Policeman came and said, ‘Get this car off the road.’
“I said, ‘That’s what I’m trying to do.’ 
“Again, ‘Get it off the road.’
“My two sisters and I pushed it off the road.  No one stopped to help, nor did the policeman.  But we got it off the road and finally got it started and took off with all the traffic.
“I think that was the last time my sisters went with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment