background

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipes - Grandma Anna's Carrot Cake

Here is a great recipe for Carrot Cake.  My mom says this is her absolute favorite.  When my birthday was on Easter, she made this cake for me.  I remember one time that she made it in the shape of a rabbit.  I'll have to find the picture.  I remember seeing it sometime recently in our box of photos.

Carrot Cake

3 cups shredded carrots
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
(1 cup nuts (optional)

Put carrots in mixing bowl.  Add dry ingredients.  Stir a little.  Add cooking oil, stir.  Add vanilla and eggs and mix about 2 minutes.  Add nuts.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I have Grandma's banana bread recipe, I'll have to post it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should. I know I have it somewhere, but haven't been able to find it yet.

    ReplyDelete