background

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Life Story -- When I Grow Up -- Grandma Anna

Written Friday, February 15, 2008

What did you want to be when you grew up?  What did you grow up to be?




I wanted to be a movie star.  They always seemed so beautiful.  Then I learned beauty wasn't everything.  I wanted to be an ice skater like Sonja Henie, but couldn't do that.  I didn't have money to buy skates and  besides that I never was very graceful so that was out.








I couldn't go to a vocational school or college so I went to work at the Telephone Company in Tucson, and I was good at that but became ill and had to go back home.  If I hadn't I would have never met Bill so I'm happy - Very thankful I came home.




After our children were all in school I worked at the court house first for LaVere Connolly in the treasurer office then transferred to the assessors office and worked for Mr. Ben Slade.  After he passed away, Arlo Lee was the Assessor.  When he retired I became the Assessor for 20 years, then retired.  I was in the assessor's office a total of 32 years.  I have since then served in the Concho Branch with Bill for 12 years and 10 months at the present time.  I told the Stake President, Eric Broadbent I wanted to serve a mission and he commented, "Where do you think you have been all these years?"  As I have been serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment