background

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Life Story - Favorites - Grandma Anna

Written February 29th, 2008

What are your favorite colors, flowers, food, hobbies, activities?

My favorite color used to be red but it has changed now to blue.  I have more than one favorite flower.  They are roses, daisies, hibiscus, peonies.  Because I am lactose and gluten intolerant my favorite foods have changed.  Now I like tacos, ground round with corn starch gravy and grilled fish and chicken.  I like Pinto Beans and baked potatoes.  I love to crochet, knit, and cross stitch on counted material.  Socials at the Concho Branch and Family gatherings and reunions.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma liked to get hibiscus and make new starts from them, she showed me how. She also liked "stacky uppies" I think thats what she called it, whenever we would go to eat at her house she would make them for us. That rice, gravy, chicken, different cut up veggies, cherries, coconut, and lo mein noodles, where you set it out in different bowls and make your own dish of stuff. Brian likes that for dinner too. Whenever we had dinner with her we would usually have those or tacos. Sometimes when she'd come to my house I'd make beef stew or chicken soup with rice or stacky uppies, or grilled chicken. These last few years our kids Primary program has been the same weekend as her birthday and anniversary with Bompa, so everyone would come to church with us and then come to our house for a birthday dinner with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete