background

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life Story - Courting - Grandma Anna

Written January 24, 2008

How did you become engaged to be married?

"I met Bill at a dance in the Sanders' High School Building.  Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys were playing.  I went with a friend, Myrna Jolley and her sister and Brother-in-law Delma and Nello Shreeve were our chaperones.  Bill was with some of the boys I went to school with, Casper Naegle, Chad Wilhelm, Ernie Hudson.  When we went to the door, Bill said I'm going to marry that girl that just came in the door.  they asked him if he knew me and he thought he had seen me before but he didn't know where so he said, "no but I'm going to marry her anyway."  We went together for 3 years and talked about what kind of ring I would like.  That's as close as he proposed.  We were married in Gallop, NM 10-28-50."

No comments:

Post a Comment