background

Monday, September 24, 2018

Life Story--Winning and Losing--Grandma Anna

Written Saturday, May 31, 2008.

How do you feel about winning? Losing?

"I think I'm like others, I like to win but I don't want to not give another a chance at winning.  When I lose I think someone will be happy about it.  I think about my Grandson who when he was living in Oregon, played baseball and all of the best players were picked from different schools in the surrounding regions.  Then they divided them up and played a game two nights.  The first night Michael won most valuable player in all of the 2 teams.  The second night Michael again won most valuable player, but one of the coaches talked to him and said, "Mike, there is another boy who was only a few points behind you. Since you won last night and received, would you mind if we give him the award tonight?" The boy really played his heart out and Mike said, "Coach, I would be happy to see that young man get the award and jacket.  I can't use 2 jackets anyway."  I was really proud of him.  I think losers need to be good sports and not go off the field and the the bus bawling like a baby.  That ruins a game for me.  Good sports are the best players."

No comments:

Post a Comment