background

Monday, September 24, 2018

Life Story--Beginning--Grandma Anna

Written Sunday, June 8, 2008.

Tell about any conditions surrounding your birth that you are aware of.  Tell any interesting stories about your beginnings.  How was your name chose?

"I was born at home in a cold house.  I was quite sickly when I was young and also in my teen years.  I'm not sure I remember any interesting stories about myself.  No one has ever mentioned anything about my early life.
"My dad named all 16 of us.  Not too many years ago I had my name changed in the courts.  The reason being, my name was Anna Louise McCray.  After Bill and I were married, the missionaries (Jack Brown, Earl Jarvis, and Harry Wilhelm) came and brought the gospel to us.  I was assigned  to the primary first, then I was assigned to teach the 18 and 19 year old Sunday School.  No one knew who I was.  They all thought I was from back East some place.  I was proud to be a McCray, but no one knew who I was.  So I went to court and had Louise removed from my name so that I could legally sign Anna McCray Prentice."

No comments:

Post a Comment