background

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Life Story--Baptism Day--Grandma Anna

Written Friday, June 13, 2008.

What do you remember about the day you were baptized?

"I remember I was wearing an old ragged dress.  It was during summer and a pickup with a flatbed trailer with some kids I went to school with were already on there.  They asked how old I was and I said 8.  They told me to get on, so I did and we went to the Little Reservoir just south of town and they baptized us.  There was only the 2 so that made only one waters.  Then they took us home. 
"My mother said, "How did you get so wet?"  I told her I had just been baptized and she was OK just like it was the normal thing to do. 
"The next day she went to church with me to be confirmed.  I can remember exactly how it happened and how much better it is today."

No comments:

Post a Comment