background

Monday, October 8, 2018

Life Story--Causing Trouble--Grandma Anna

Written Wednesday, July 9, 2008.

What did you do as a child that got you into the most trouble with your parents?  How did they handle it?

"Well, this is the last one, but I'll write a few things that are going on right now.  For now I'll answer this.  I think I have answered similar questions that will have the same answers. None of my brothers and sisters, as well as myself, ever had a spanking.  We were talked to sometimes by our mother, but she was so gentle and soft spoken it never hurt us.  We did feel bad if we said something unkind and she would say that wasn't very nice to say or do.  The soft tone of her voice made us feel worse than if she ever yelled at us.  Which she never did.
"Our dad was gone a lot, so he never said anything. Once in a while he would say we were just like the Berrys (my mother's family).  I never minded him saying that because I loved my mom's family.  They were closer to us and they loved us."

No comments:

Post a Comment