background

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Life Story--Birth Order--Grandma Anna

Written Monday, June 23, 2008.

What is your place in the family?  How do you feel about it?

"I'm 8th, the middle because an elder brother named Kelly (Richard Kelly, b. 1924, d. 1926) died before I was born, so that put me in the middle. 
"How do I feel about it?  There is nothing I could or can do about it.  I tended the younger kids a lot when my mom went to help the older girls when they had children.  It almost made me feel like I raised two families.  Although I had fun playing with the kids and could get them to mind me pretty good. 
"Then I had a family and when Linda had hers, she went to school in Tempe and even though I was working, I took care of her 6 children during the week.  She came home over the weekend and took care of them.  Bill helped a lot.  We always had family prayer and home evening and scripture study.  We enjoyed having them here.  The twins were babies and are now on missions and will be home in less than a month."

No comments:

Post a Comment