background

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Life Story--Musical Instrument--Grandma Anna

Written May 4, 2008, Sunday

What instrument did you play or wish you could play?

"I wanted to play the piano or violin, but we had neither one.  When we were married we got a piano for the kids to take lessons.  Linda got pretty good.  Jim took a few lessons.  And Matthew was beginning his lessons when he got cancer and passed away.  I try to practice some, but it's hard for me.
"When Maxine Ollerton gave me lessons, I got to where I could play hymns and other things.  Then she and Carl went on a mission.  Shortly after they came back, I had heart surgery and was in the hospital 2 months and 10 days.  Between that time I went into cardiac arrest and lost most of what I had learned."

No comments:

Post a Comment