Written April 20, 2008
How many brothers and sisters do you have? Describe them. Tell a story about you and e4ach of them.
I think some of this question has been asked before. There were 16 of us. So I had 9 brothers and 6 sisters.
1) Lee was the oldest. He served in World War II. He was very active in the church in later years. About 8 years after he married Jean Marble. She was converted and then they remained faithful in the church. They worked in the Mesa Temple for years. Then the Bishop called them on a mission to Vancouver, Canada. About three days before they were to leave, he had a massive heart attack and died. The temple presidency wrote a letter to his wife and said he would feel at home with the angels because of working in the temple with them for so long. He was always so kind to me and kept in touch with me. I was asked to speak at his funeral.
2) Quentin was next and I don't remember much about him. He married Hazel Halstead. She had one daughter and they had one and adopted 2 more children. He left St. Johns and moved to Tucson, Arizona. to work for his uncles. When his wife died, he remarried again and I only saw her a couple of times. But I was asked to speak at his funeral also.
3) Sibyl was next and she was a beautiful baby. when she was about she had spinal meningitis and it affected her brain and she didn't learn to walk for a few years. Even though she wasn't able to learn much, she always had a sweet happy disposition. Everyone loved being around her because she was so happy. I think it was the angel in her. My children loved to have her tell them stories. She had 2 children.
4) Lorna was next. She was a hard worker. she worked at the post office for Albert Brown for quite a few years until she married Jake Scarborough, had 2 boys then they moved away for a while but came back and staye3d here. Jake passed away many years ago, but Lorna is still here.
5) Kelly was next. I didn't know him because he died of pneumonia at about age two, before I was born.
6) Deaton was next. He was next. He was a gentle, tender person. He married Nancy Brown. They had one son (Kelly) and adopted another son, Pat. He was always so kind to me and my family. We all loved him dearly. His boys were young when he passed away. Kelly was married when his mother left, and Lorna raised Pat.
7) Colleen was next. She was probably one of my closest friends. We were very close in age. We sang a lot together, but she got upset because I always sang the melody. I never could hear the harmony, so I couldn't sing it. But I still try to sing the harmony and I'm still not successful. She has done and is still doing a lot of genealogy on the McCray line.
8) Anna. I'm next and Bill and I have served 13 years at the Concho Branch and are still there. I don't know for how long.
9) Bill is next. When he was young he went with, I think, Alvert and Elda Brown to Salt Lake City to the Children's Hospital. He was there alone for a long time and came home with someone. He wasn't very old when he went. I wondered how my mother could stand having him there alone. I really thought about it after I had children. Then our youngest son passed away with cancer and our 2nd son passed away August 10, 2007. The same day President Faust passed away. Our daughter is the only one left, our daughter Linda.
10) Gabe was next. He was a very hard worker. He and Barbara, "Bobby", had 12 children and they all turned out nice. They have their problems, as all families do, but we love all of them.
11) Corrinne is next. She is married to Elmer Lee Mager. They had a beautiful daughter and she died at the age of 6. Then thy adopted 2 more, a girl and a boy. They are a happy family.
12) Terry is next. He married Sarah "Sally" Freeman. They have several children. I don't know them as well as I do some of the others.
13) Phillip is next. He married Marie Neff. They had 5 or 6 children and he left this good Eternal family for someone not at all active in the church. He know he made a mistake, but the threats are so violent, he just stays with her.
14) Kay, a twin. She and Kathy sing a lot together. For funerals, weddings, and church. In fact, they are singing this Sunday in the Concho Branch. They will sing "Abide With Me, Tis Eventide". Kay was a beautician for a long time. Now she and Kathy own the Safire Restaurant in Round Valley.
15) Kathy was next. She is very talented in painting. She can either start at the top of a picture, or at the bottom, and they all turn out beautifully. She has had a lot of orders for paintings, and still does. She also was the postmistress for years, then retired so that she and Kay could run the restaurant. She and Kay still sing together. heir voices blend beautifully.
16) "Teed", Douglas, is last. He married Ginger Mills and they have a nice family. Teed is suffering with cancer right now, but they are giving him extra strong radiation treatments, and hopefully he will get better. Ginger fell and broke her hip, but she is doing good now.